Coaching is taken for granted in the world of sport where individuals and teams have a coach to provide motivation, enhance skills and refine performance. Ultimately coaching aims to bring out the best in an individual to enable the team to work better as a whole. The same can be said of business and its leaders.
Executive coaching works best when it is:
- used to help individuals address specific professional development issues or to assist when taking on a particularly challenging work role of project;
- providing professional and personal development that is particularly appropriate for those in senior positions who have little time and for whom being lonely at the top can be a common experience;
- driven by the needs of the client. It is about assisting people to achieve their full potential, with a focus on what they want to achieve now and in the future. It is a partnership between the executive coaches and the client and is for a defined period of time.
The benefits to the individual
- Preparation for role/career changes and joining the board
- Managing stress, change, conflict or crisis
- Enhancing personal impact and performance
The benefits to the organization
- Greater commitment from directors and senior managers
- Retention of key people who feel valued
- More creative outlook in business planning
- Improved management of other staff
Value Added Leadership
Our approach centres around the realization of Value Added Leadership as the model below describes:
The time has come when executive coaching for board members is “a must”, as our testimonials show.
Please contact us for more details on Value Added Leadership events.